downloading audio

Home Forums Support downloading audio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pburke
    Participant

Hi. I’ve noticed recently that I can’t downloaded audio anymore. Every time I try it says “Cannot connect to host”. Is anyone else getting this?

Pete

Zander
    Keymaster

Hi Pat. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It seems the Google service that audio downloads depends on has changed. I’m investigating if PL can still use Google or if I need to find an alternative. I’ll keep you posted. In the meantime, the audio download service has been disabled.

Zander

Zander
    Keymaster

All, the audio download service has been re-established and is once again working. Google discontinued its text to speech service, but I’ve managed to secure another provider. Not as many languages are available for download with the new service, but the quality is slightly better and there are fewer limitations. For example, Google limited audio to 100 characters of text but that limitation is now gone. The languages available with the new service are English, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, French, German, and Italian.

Zander

pburke
    Participant

Thanks for resolving this. I’m a little disappointed that Chinese isn’t in the list of supported languages because audio can be very helpful when you don’t have the pronunciation in front of you. At least Japanese is there, which I’m sure I’ll use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Translate »
Scroll to Top